Future of Architecture Industry With 3d Printing
The use of 3D printing technology in architecture combines virtual 3D modeling and tangible physical objects. Gone are the days when architects had to toil away on architectural models made out of wood or foam.
Benefits of 3D Printing Services in Architecture
- Help clients visualize designs better: 3D printing architectural models of the final project serve as a useful way of conveying your design ideas, brainstorming with colleagues and making a big impression on your clients. With 3D printing cost becoming more affordable, use this tool to make your ideas a reality!
- Embrace time-saving methods: The growing popularity of 3D printing in India is also owing to the time-saving capabilities of the technology. This is more relevant for designs with complicated elements. Use online 3D printing services if you don’t want to take on the additional task of cleaning and post-processing your 3D print.
- Choose from a variety of quality materials: Now is the era of precise 3D prints with smooth surfaces. Print your architectural models in a variety of 3D print materials. Of these, Polyamide (SLS) is the current favorite among architects. Use transparent Resin for adding transparent 3D-printed elements to your model.
- Re-edit, re-use, re-print: Flexibility is synonymous with 3D printing in architecture. In case of client demands for changes, simply edit the digital file and re-print the object. The same applies to cases where you need a second scale model.
- Seamless Integration: As 3D printing price drops, more and more architectural companies are setting up their CAD design teams in-house. CAD applications can be easily integrated into 3D printers while eliminating human errors.
- Greater Freedom of Design: As human errors are eliminated in 3D printing, architects have greater freedom to design. Precise and accurate 3D models allow designers to apply their creativity.
3D Applications for Architecture
If you are one for hard evidence, here are examples of 3D designs and architectural rendering projects:
- Designing of house layouts – precise scale models to determine the perfect dimensions for better space utilization and properly optimized interiors.
- Town and city planning – visualizing the layout of a city or town, from the location of residential buildings to laying of roads for optimum utilization of space.
- Bridges and dams – scale models to determine the functionality of each design feature.
Look for 3D printing services near me if you are an architect with an eye on the future. We already have a 3D printed bridge. The day is not far away when 3D printed houses and commercial structures will become a reality.