3D Printing is Holding Something for Indian Automakers
The 3d printing technology is growing at the blazing speed and having a significant presence in every industry. From automobile to medical, from fashion to construction and education, this technology is playing wonders for us. But one thing we are experiencing is that the scope and the availability of additive manufacturing are not the same everywhere.
If we talk about the use of 3d printing in the automobile industry in India, there is a noticeable difference between the Indian automakers and others. We can say that the 3d printing is holding something for Indian automaker. We have to reduce the gap between the need and the available resources.
3d printing in India: What are some challenges are facing right now-
1. The manufacturing cost:
One of the most prominent factors which are holding many automakers to jump into additive manufacturing is the cost involved in scaling the business as compared with the conventional methodologies. When we compare the cost of devices in India from other countries like Australia, there is a huge difference.
2. Advance additive manufacturing training:
We are learning the nuts and the bolts of 3d printing at a blazing speed. There are many companies which are already working in this niche and doing quite well. To bring more automobile manufacturers in this field, we need to educate the engineers about 3d printing from the core. But we are not behind, many industrial companies have realized the real potential of additive manufacturing and they are taking help of companies which are already in this domain.
3. The demand and supply for this new technology:
As the globalization is growing, the demands are changing, from basic to advance, there is a significant difference between the demands of past and present. Many companies are fueling the demands of additive manufacturing in India but we need even more. To fulfill the mammoth demands of the fastest growing economy, we need more 3d printing companies in India which can deliver the services to balance the demand and supply chain.
You will feel proud to know, we are doing pretty well in this technology:
1. Leading car manufacturers are adapting 3d printing to manufacture small spare parts for their vehicles. This is a positive approach by the automobile industry towards additive technology.
2. There are many companies which are providing world-class rapid prototyping services in India to automobile industries at lower rates which are attracting industries to adopt this robust technology.
3. A startup in India is constructing 3d printed washrooms for villages and underdeveloped areas where proper sanitation is not available.
4. If we talk about creativity, we are so high on it. You can check out popular gift stores, you will find a ton of gifting items which are made up from this printing technology.
5. From the past couple of years, more than 50 startups registered which are providing 3d printing services in India and doing their business efficiently in the field of additive services.